The NSSLHA to ASHA Membership Conversion Discount is a one-time discount of $225 off the initial dues and fees for ASHA membership and certification.
To qualify, you must be a National NSSLHA member for the last 2 years of your master’s or doctoral program (including the year you graduate).
Contact ASHA’s Action Center to confirm eligibility.
Apply for National NSSLHA Membership
- Apply for National NSSLHA membership.
- Renew your National NSSLHA membership for the last 2 years of your master’s or doctoral program. (Note: Only holding local chapter membership will not count towards the years needed for the discount.)
- Maintain current degree information in the NSSLHA/ASHA database.
- Maintain current email and postal mailing addresses in the NSSLHA/ASHA database.
- Do not wait to complete your clinical fellowship or externship before applying for ASHA membership and certification.
The application for ASHA membership and certification (and automatic application of the Conversion Discount) must be submitted online before August 31 (up to the year after you graduate).
New Professional Membership Package
ASHA's New Professional Membership Package gives up to 24 months of ASHA membership to recent master's and doctoral graduates who apply for ASHA membership and certification from January 1 to August 31. Applicants receive membership through December 31 of the following year.